Aug. 15, 2013
For those who are not certain what staging your home is, it is the process of preparing your home in Denver for sale. What this typically involves is removing all evidence that you and your family have been living in the home for years. This means "un-decorating" it, eliminating the clutter, and personalization in your home. The intent is to make it possible for potential buyers to visualize what the home would look like if they were to move in. There are a number of benefits to staging your home in Denver, but these are the top five.
- Staging Costs less than your first reduction in price: Depending on the value of your home and which area of Denver you happen to live in, your first reduction in price may be as much as $20k or more. The cost of staging your Denver home is likely to be far less. Think of it this way, you face reducing the cost of your "empty house", but even if you do this, it is likely to remain empty. Looking at it from the point of view where you are still living in a house full of clutter, removing the excess now will help buyers see your home in a much better light. In either case, potential buyers will not be able to visualize the true potential of your home. You could easily avoid lowering the price or missing out on a sale by staging your home properly.
- Staged homes tend to be far more appealing: When you stage your Denver home, it removes the imprint you have built up in the home. This makes it much easier for any prospective buyer to see themselves and their family actually living in the home. When you give your home an even and neutral appearance, you should see an immediate increase in the number of buyers who can see themselves living there and are interested in buying your home in Denver.
- Realtors will be more likely to show your home: The reality is that if you want a realtor to be excited about showing your home in Denver, you need to make it desirable to potential buyers. The best way to do this is by staging it in such a way as to make it irresistible to buyers. When you do this, realtors will be far more likely to want to show it.
- Staging adds in the "Wow!" factor: In many ways, staging a home properly can make it look a lot like a model home. When you stage your Denver home to make it appealing and peaceful, or to portray a particular lifestyle, you give it the "wow, I want to live like this" factor. This can be very enticing to buyers who find themselves wanting to emulate the portrayed lifestyle.
- Staging also helps keep stress levels under control: Moving can be a very stressful time, but if you start the process early by clearing out the clutter and staging your Denver home, you have already won half the battle. When the time comes to move, there will be less to pack, less to donate, and less to throw away, making things far less stressful.
No matter how you look at it, if you want to get the most value for your home in Denver and sell it quickly, staging it properly will prove to be extremely beneficial. Your realtor can help provide you with a wealth of useful staging information and tips.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL LAURIE STOESSEL 303-378-2320